Rail 9.8 XT< Show All Variants >
The Trek Rail 9.8 is a long-travel carbon e-MTB that rips like our beefiest trail rigs and powers you right back up the mountain. You get upgraded everything, including the frame for maximum fun on the gnarliest runs. You also get Bosch's latest tech with the new smart system Performance Line CX that has a longer-range 750 Wh battery and cool features that take your ride to the next level like activity tracking, navigation and Bluetooth connectivity.
If you’re looking for a long-travel carbon e-MTB with high-performance parts and a lot of battery power. You crave the responsiveness of carbon, the stability of a longer reach, the plush feel of high-end suspension and want the very latest from Bosch.
You get an upgraded OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with longer reach and oversized head tube and seat tube for maximum strength. An extra-long-range 750 Wh battery, a super responsive RockShox ZEB Select+ fork and RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Thru Shaft shock with a Shimano XT 1x12 drivetrain. You get the latest from Bosch with smart system Performance Line CX, including the new Bluetooth® LED remote for easy connectivity and all-in-one navigation and activity tracking through the eBike Flow app.
This bike features across-the-board upgrades that make it a serious ripper – especially the suspension package. It's built for hammering gnarly descents, then flying right back up again thanks to the powerful Bosch motor, 750 Wh battery and parts that can keep up with all that rowdy riding.
- Bosch's new smart system gives you all the same power and responsiveness with a new Bluetooth-connected LED remote and eBike Flow app that puts even more control and customisation at your fingertips
- The full-colour Kiox display shows ride info, connects with your Bluetooth® enabled devices and has a built-in theft prevention feature
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- The new frame is extra stout, with a 34.9 mm seat tube to accommodate more robust dropper posts, and an oversized head tube that works with burly eMTB-optimised forks for less flex and more precise steering
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- Frame - NEW OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame, 1.8" lower head tube, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), Knock Block 2.0, guided internal routing, 34.9 mm seat tube, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armour, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle, 150 mm travel
- Fork - RockShox ZEB Select+, DebonAir spring, Charger 2.1 RC damper, eMTB optimised crown, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 160 mm travel
- Shock - RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RT3, DebonAir spring, Thru Shaft 3-position damper, 230 mm x 57.5 mm
- Max compatible fork travel - 170mm (580mm axle-to-crown)
- Wheel front - Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle
- Wheel rear - Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless-Ready, Rapid Drive 108, 6-bolt, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle
- Hub front - Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle
- Hub rear - Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, 6-bolt, Rapid Drive 108, Shimano MicroSpline freehub, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle
- Skewer rear - Bontrager Switch thru-axle, removable lever
- Rim - Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 28-hole, Presta valve
- Size: S, M, L, XL - Bontrager SE5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Core Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.50"
- Size: S, M, L, XL - Bontrager SE6 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Core Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.50"
- Rim strip - Bontrager TLR
- Max tyre size - Frame: 29x2.60" Fork: See manufacturer
- Shifter - Shimano XT M8100, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur - Shimano XT M8100, long cage
- Crank - E*thirteen E*spec Plus, 34T, 165 mm length
- Cassette - Shimano XT M8100, 10-51, 12-speed
- Chain - Shimano XT M8100, 12-speed
- Pedal - VP-536 nylon platform
- Max. chainring size - 34T
- Saddle - Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails, 138 mm width
- Size: S - Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, 100 mm travel, MaxFlow, internal routing, 34.9 mm, 345 mm length
- Size: M - Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, 150 mm travel, MaxFlow, internal routing, 34.9 mm, 440 mm length
- Size: L - Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, 170 mm travel, MaxFlow, internal routing, 34.9 mm, 485 mm length
- Size: XL - Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, 200 mm travel, MaxFlow, internal routing, 34.9 mm, 550 mm length
- Handlebar - Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise, 780 mm width
- Grips - Bontrager XR Trail Elite, nylon lock-on
- Stem - Bontrager Line Pro, 35 mm, Knock Block, Blendr-compatible, 0-degree, 45 mm length
- Brake - Shimano XT M8120 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Brake rotor - Shimano RT76, 6-bolt, 203 mm
- Battery Bosch PowerTube 750 Wh, smart system
- Charger Bosch standard 4A, 230V, smart system
- Size: S, M, L, XL - Bosch Kiox 300, smart system
- Size: S, M, L, XL - Bosch LED remote, smart system
- Motor - Bosch Performance Line CX, smart system, magnesium motor body, 85 Nm, 20 mph or 32 km/h max assist (25 km/h max assist in EU and APAC)
- Weight - M - 23.40 kg / 51.59 lb (with TLR sealant, no tubes)
- Weight limit - This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).