Rail 7< Show All Variants >
The Trek Rail 7 is a long-travel electric mountain bike built for ripping the big stuff. It features the same high-end trail tech as our analogue trail bikes, an upgraded fork, drivetrain, battery and more, plus a powerful new Bosch drive system that's basically like having your own shuttle.
If you’re looking for a trail-specific e-MTB that’s designed to tackle the same tough terrain as regular trail bikes. You already know just how amazing e-MTBs are on the mountain, and want to invest in better components.
You get a burly alloy frame with 150mm of rear travel that fully encases a 625 Wh battery, a 160 mm RockShox Domain RC fork, a powerful Bosch Performance Line CX (250 W, 85 Nm) motor that assists up to 20 mph (25 km/h in Europe) and a Purion controller. A smooth-shifting 1x12 Shimano Deore/XT drivetrain, dropper post, powerful Shimano 4-piston brakes for confident descents and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels that are already completely tubeless-ready, including sealant.
The Trek Rail 7 features loads of upgraded parts, including the drivetrain, fork and wheels. But the biggest deal is that it comes with a long-range Bosch battery – which means more runs and more fun.
- The Bosch motor gives you plenty of power for tackling steep climbs with the efficiency to keep exploring all day
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain – no shuttle or lift necessary
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- Frame - Alpha Platinum Aluminium, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armour, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle, 150 mm travel
- Fork - RockShox Domain RC, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, lockout, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, oversized crown for eMTB, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 160 mm travel
- Shock - RockShox Deluxe Select+, 230 mm x 57.5 mm
- Max compatible fork travel - 170mm (580mm axle-to-crown)
- Hub front - Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle
- Hub rear - Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, 6-bolt, Rapid Drive 108, Shimano MicroSpline freehub, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle
- Skewer rear - Bontrager Switch thru-axle, removable lever
- Rim - Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 28-hole, Presta valve
- Tyre - Bontrager XR5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.50"
- Max tyre size - Frame: 29x2.60" Fork: See manufacturer
- Shifter - Shimano SLX M7100, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur - Shimano XT M8100, long cage
- Crank - E*thirteen E*spec Plus, 34T, 165 mm length
- Cassette - Shimano Deore M6100, 10-51, 12-speed
- Chain - Shimano Deore M6100
- Pedal - VP-536 nylon platform
- Max. chainring size - 34T
- Saddle - Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails, 138 mm width
- Size: S - TranzX JD-YSP18, 100 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 361 mm length
- Size: M, L, XL - TranzX JD-YSP18, 150 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 470 mm length
- Handlebar - Bontrager Rhythm Comp, alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 780mm width
- Grips - Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Stem - Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree, 50 mm length
- Brake - Shimano 4-piston hydraulic disc, M6100 lever, M6120 calliper
- Brake rotor - Shimano RT76, 6-bolt, 203 mm
- Weight - M - 24.01 kg / 52.94 lb (with TLR sealant, no tubes)
- Weight limit - This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).