Rail 5 500W< Show All Variants >
The Trek Rail 5 is an electric mountain bike built for ripping the big stuff. It features the same high-end trail tech as our analogue trail bikes, plus a powerful new Bosch drive system that's basically like having your own shuttle.
If you’re looking for an e-MTB that’s just as ready to shred as non-electric trail bikes. You want a powerful Bosch drive system that’ll propel you up climbs so you can hit lap after lap.
You get a burly alloy frame with 150 mm of rear travel that fully encases a 500 Wh battery, an e-MTB optimised 160 mm RockShox 35 Gold RL fork, a powerful Bosch Performance Line CX (250 W, 85 Nm) motor that assists up to 25 km/h and a Purion controller. Plus, a 1x12 drive train with a wide gear range so you can always find the ideal cadence for the motor, a dropper post, powerful 4-piston brakes for more downhill confidence and 29er wheels with nimble yet grippy 2.6" tyres
The Trek Rail 5 is our best-value long-travel e-MTB. It's equally as capable as our regular long-travel trail bikes, it just gets you back to the top in a flash. The powerful Bosch drive systems and durable part spec make for long-lasting fun.
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain – no shuttle or lift necessary
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so it's out of the way on descents
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- Fork - RockShox 35 Gold RL, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, lockout, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, oversized crown for eMTB, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 160 mm travel
- Shock - RockShox Deluxe Select+, 230 mm x 57.5 mm
- Max compatible fork travel - 170mm (580mm axle-to-crown)
- Hub front - Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle
- Hub rear - Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle
- Rim - Alex MD35, tubeless compatible, 32-hole, 35 mm width, Presta valve
- Tyre - Bontrager XR4 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.60"
- Max tyre size - Frame: 29x2.60" Fork: See manufacturer
- Shifter - Shimano Deore M6100, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur - Shimano Deore M6100, long cage
- Crank - E*thirteen E*spec Plus, 34T, 165 mm length
- Cassette - Shimano Deore M6100, 10-51, 12-speed
- Chain - Shimano Deore M6100
- Pedal - VP-536 nylon platform
- Max. chainring size - 34T
- Saddle - Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138 mm width
- Size: S - TranzX JD-YSP18, 100 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 361 mm length
- Size: S - Bontrager Line Dropper, 100 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 345 mm length
- Size: M, L, XL - TranzX JD-YSP18, 130mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 425 mm length
- Size: M, L, XL - Bontrager Line Dropper, 125mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 395mm length
- Handlebar - Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 750 mm width
- Grips - Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Stem - Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree, 50 mm length
- Brake - Shimano 4-piston hydraulic disc, MT4100 lever, MT420 calliper
- Brake rotor - Shimano RT76, 6-bolt, 203 mm
- Bosch PowerTube 500
- Bosch compact 2A, 100–240V, smart system
- Weight - M - 23.88 kg/52.65 lb
- Weight limit - This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).