Precaliber 8 Speed
The Trek Precaliber 24 8-Speed is a classic kids' bike with great style, performance and durability. It has the simplicity of an 8-speed drivetrain and intuitive twist shift that makes it easy for kids to ride varied terrain. Plus, the strong yet lightweight aluminium frame stands up to even the roughest riders.
For kids aged 8-12, between 129.5- 149.8 cm (51-59˝) tall.
If your kid loves to explore, and you want them to have a quality ride for all their road, path or trail adventures. They're ready to upgrade from a singlespeed for a little extra help on hills and longer rides, but they don't need a ton of gears just yet
The tech you get is a strong, lightweight aluminium frame that will stand up to whatever your youngster dishes out, with simple and reliable Shimano 8-speed shifting that makes it easy to climb hills. Plus, it has a kickstand and a saddle with an integrated handle that can be swapped out for an integrated rear light mount.
Whether your kids are riding to school, racing around the neighbourhood with friends or tagging along on family rides, the Trek Precaliber 24 8-speed features the quality parts they need to ride with confidence and stay in control.
- Intuitive twist shift makes it easy for kids to switch gears when their terrain changes
- You can replace the saddle's integrated handle with an integrated light mount to boost visibility on family adventures and solo excursions
- This bike is hand-me-down heaven: it's built to last, so younger siblings can inherit this bike and it'll still feel like new
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it's easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
- Investing in a kids' bike from an established bike brand is worth it – Trek kids' bikes are designed and assembled by people who know bikes
- Frame - Alpha Silver aluminium, rack and kickstand mounts, replaceable derailleur hangar, 135x5 mm QR
- Fork - Steel, 24", threadless 1-1/8" steerer
- Hub front - Steel, 100 mm bolt-on
- Hub rear - Steel, 8-speed, 135 mm bolt-on
- Rim - 24" 32-hole alloy
- Tyre - Bontrager XR1, wire bead, 27 tpi, 24x2.25"
- Shifter - Shimano Tourney RS45, 8-speed twist
- Rear derailleur - Shimano Tourney TX80
- Crank - ProWheel alloy, 32T steel ring w/double guard, 152 mm length
- Bottom bracket - Square taper, 68 mm, sealed cartridge
- Cassette - SunRace MFM56l, 13-34, 8-speed
- Chain - KMC Z8.3
- Pedal - Kids' Satellite, 9/16 thread
- Saddle - Kids' padded, integrated seat post, with handle
- Seatpost - steel, 27.2 mm, 300 mm length
- Handlebar - Kids' steel, 25.4 mm clamp, 40 mm rise, 560 mm width
- Grips - Kids' grip, 125 mm width
- Stem - Bontrager Approved alloy, 25.4 mm clamp, 15-degree rise, 60 mm
- Head set - Adjustable ball bearing, threadless
- Brake - Alloy linear-pull
- Brake lever - Kids', alloy
- Kickstand - Kickstand
- weight - 11.16 kg / 24.60 lb
- Weight limit - This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 175 lb (80 kg).