The Trek Roscoe 24 is a kids' mountain bike designed to build confidence on the trail. It takes cues from the adult Roscoe, but this ride was built from the ground up for kids. 2.8˝ mid-fat tyres, a 1x drivetrain and a wide-range cassette make Roscoe the ideal bike for little rippers who want to build skills and have a ridiculous amount of fun keeping up with Mum, Dad or an older sibling.
Fit for riders 4’3” - 4’11” (129.5 -150 cm) tall.
If your little shredder is ready to hop off the neighbourhood streets and onto the trail, and you want to get them started the right way with a real-deal mountain bike that builds skills and confidence from the outset. If you're looking to teach your little one the wisdom of the trail, there's no better teaching tool than Roscoe.
You get a durable Alpha Gold Aluminium frame with a sloping top tube for added clearance, 24˝ wheels with mid-fat 2.8˝ tyres for added traction and stability, a 1x8 Shimano drivetrain with a wide-range cassette for hills and technical sections, mechanical disc brakes and loads of thoughtful details borrowed from adult MTB tech, like a closed front dropout and a tucked-in rear brake calliper so when kids drop their Roscoe it doesn't mean an automatic trip to the shop for a replacement part.
Give a kid a Roscoe bike and you'll make a mountain biker for life. Mid-fat tyres and a wealth of kid-specific design details make this bike the perfect introduction to the trail. If your little one is ready to tag along when you hit the singletrack, this is the kid-friendly set-up that's made to build confidence, skills and a healthy obsession with the world's greatest activity.
- There's no family outing as fun as a trail session, and Roscoe is the ideal kids' bike for building great memories
- This isn't a small adult bike – it's built from the ground up for kids, by people who know exactly what works for them, and what doesn't
- When you're learning to ride, simplicity is best: a 1x8 drivetrain lets kids focus on keeping the rubber side down
- The kid-specific frame geometry has a sloping top tube that makes it easier to hop on and off
- The rear brake calliper is tucked into the frame to help prevent damage from laying the bike down
- Frame - Alpha Aluminium, 24"
- Fork - Roscoe 24", alloy
- Hub front - Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 100 mm ThruSkew
- Hub rear - Formula DC-2241, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, Boost141, 5 mm QR
- Rim - 24" alloy, 28-hole, schrader valve
- Tyre - Chen-Shin, 24x2.80"
- Shifter - Shimano Altus M315, 8-speed
- Rear derailleur - Shimano Tourney TX80
- Crank - Alloy, 28 T chain ring w/guard, 152 mm length
- Bottom bracket - Sealed cartridge
- Cassette - SunRun cassette, 11-34, 8-speed
- Chain - KMC Z8.3, 8 speed
- Pedal - Kids' 9/16", platform
- Saddle - Kid's 24" size, padded
- Seatpost - Bontrager alloy, 27.2 mm, 12 mm offset, 250 mm length
- Handlebar - Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 580 mm width
- Grips - Kids' Kraton
- Stem - Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, Blendr-compatible, 7-degree, 60 mm length
- Head set - VP 1-1/8", semi-integrated
- Brake - Tektro MD-M280 mechanical disc, 160 mm rotor
- Brake lever - Kids' alloy brake lever, bla
- weight - 11.60 kg/25.58 lb
- Weight limit - This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 175 lb (80 kg).